With the thought of bringing your boat ashore for the approaching winter months, here is a heads up on a few things to think about before we haul out.
- Fill fuel tanks to prevent diesel bug
- Pump out the holding tanks at approved site and flush through clean water for health and safety reasons
- Remove all gas bottles and store off site
- Book an engine winterisation
- Where possible, remove belongings that may be obstructive for engineers
- Book an anodic check to test the hull anodes as this test has to be done in the water to ensure that the binding is correct
- Remove sails, store down below or offsite
- Remove or tie down any loose items on deck
- Inspect all lifejackets, liferaft, life rings and associated safety equipment on the vessel. FBC can do this and report.
If you need any advice on the above or would like to book any of our services then please call us on 01326 374309 or email us