Our advice to boat owners facing a storm.
- Be prepared!
- Review the laid up and in commission dates of insurance policies - especially around autumn as these often expire in September and October.
- If at all possible, relocate the boat to a safer area.
- If your boat is in a marina, doublecheck lines and fenders.
- If your boat is laid up, check it over, making sure the cover is secure.
- Ensure that all lines and securing strops are in good order.
- Remove dodgers and sail covers to reduce the possibility of wind damage to the boat.
- Secure your tender and furling units to avoid unnecessary damage.
- Leave nothing attached to the shores.
- Remove all loose deck equipment and vulnerable items such as electronic equipment.
- On shore, your trailer needs to be made secure.
- Above all else, keep personal safety paramount. Do not take any risks. Your boat, while loved, is not worth injury or a life.
If you require any further information or advice, please call us on 01326 374309.