Based in FLUSHING, Falmouth
We are searching to recruit an accounts assistant to work with the current management and admin team at Falmouth Boat Co.
This is a new and challenging role within the company, formed to assist with the company’s recovery from the Covid 19 epidemic and then underpin and support the subsequent growth plans moving forward.
Working with the Management and Admin team, the successful candidate will be helping to manage and maintain not only the finances of the company, but also assist with the operations on a day to day basis.
The duties and responsibilities of the job are varied but specifically include:-
- Processing the purchase invoices of the company on a real time basis into the job costing system.
- Production of billing reports, analysis and associated activities to assist management information.
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Preparing management accounts.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
- Ad hoc assisting other members of the admin and management team with their tasks.
Hours of work:- Monday to Friday, 0830 to 1700 – 40 hrs per week.
Remuneration:- Attractive package subject to experience plus private medical care, pension and additional benefits
- Organised confident and pro-active
- High level of attention to detail
- Pride in achieving
- Sense of humour
Essential experience includes:-
- A good working knowledge of Sage 50 accounts, ledgers and accounting principals
- A good working knowledge of the MS Office suite of applications, specifically, Excel, Word and MS Outlook
- Experience of working in an office environment combined with dealing with the general public
Desirable experience includes:-
- Sage 50 accounts experience to reconcile finances to trial balance monthly
- Knowledge of boating terms terminology and associated experience
- Experience in similar marine or boating environment