The ambulance boat for the Isles of Scilly had suffered port engine failure and Falmouth Boat Co. was commissioned to fix the problem.
Time was of the essence as Star of Life transports casualties from the many Scilly islands to the hospital at St Mary’s and the hospital on the mainland so could not be out of commission for long. Cost management was also key since the boat is owned by the health service.
During the project we:
- installed a new port engine (Cummins 6BTA 315bhp) and commissioned it
- fitted the gearbox
- inspected and serviced the Hamilton Jet Drive units
- serviced the starboard engine
- removed corrosion to the interior and exterior
- applied antifoul
- repair ambulance area access door
- painted hull and superstructure
- checked all electrical systems and repaired as necessary
- deep cleaned the interiors of wheelhouse and ambulance section
- made modifications to the ambulance section to improve lay-out and function
As a company we are extremely proud to ensure the Isles of Scilly vital ambulance boat is fully fit for its lifesaving purpose.