Some boat owners live miles away from their boat while others are simply busy and, especially with the shorter days, are unable to get to the boat in daylight hours.
Gardiennage is caretaking for boats and it's a service that takes the weight off owners' minds. It's a simple, cheap and exceptionally valuable service that is often overlooked. Once used it fast becomes a favourite simply because owners don't need to worry so much about their beloved boat when storms are forecast, when their plans to go onboard go astray or they simply want to know that all is well.
FBC's gardiennage service includes the following as standard but, as each boat is different, extra checks are often added.
In each weekly visit to the boat FBC staff:
- Visually check the security of the mooring
- Go below and carry out a thorough visual check
- Run up engine
- Check battery condition and charging
- Empty bilges and check that pumps work
- Check the decks are clean, clear and covers secure
- Secure vessel
- Report any concerns to the owners
If you live away or are unable to check the safety and condition of your boat call us on 01326 374309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help.